To set up 2 Factor Authentication using a mobile phone number you carry out the following:
- Go to https://outlook.office.com
- Log into your account using your email address and password
- You should then see the screen below:
- Click Next and then on the following screen you'll see the Authenticator option:
- You'll want to click Download Now and it will give you information on downloading the authenticator app to your mobile. Alternatively here are the Android and Apple store links to the App:
- Once you have downloaded and opened the App you can click the + sign to add a new account. You then want to select "Work or School account" and scan the QR code shown on the screen.
- You should then be prompted on the phone to verify the 2 Factor Authentication challenge
- Once that is done it will tell you that it's been approved, you can then just click Next and then Done.