To set up 2 Factor Authentication using a mobile phone number you carry out the following:
- Go to https://outlook.office.com
- Log into your account using your email address and password
- You should then see the screen below:
- Click Next. You'll then see a screen offering to set you up with the Authenticator App. You want to click "I want to set up a different method" at the bottom left of the box.
- From the dropdown box that appears on the screen, select the phone option:
- On the next screen select your Country code and enter your phone number:
- After clicking next you will be sent a 6 digit code which you need to type in the box below and click Next:
- You'll then see a confirmation screen that it was successful:
- Click Next and then click Done. You're now all set to go.